**** IPC now delivers hi-definintion video using Blu-ray technology. This DVD provides the the best possible picture in wide screen (16:9) format, with the extremely fine detail found only in this type of high resolution video presentation. Requires Blu-ray DVD player. (Regular standard definition DVD included with this item at no extra charge.) ****
Even the best visual incoming inspection will catch approximately 80 percent of all counterfeit components. The remaining 20 percent will escape detection, jeopardizing the assembly by producing numerous defects. When you are dealing with substandard or counterfeit components, 20 percent is not a good number. And if you are expecting incoming inspection to catch 100 percent of the counterfeits, you are inviting trouble. It is essential that stockroom, production and inspection technicians have an understanding of the common visual indicators of substandard components – to help catch that 20 percent before they are assembled into your customer’s product.
DVD-166C explains how counterfeit components find their way into the supply chain and why they are an increasing challenge for the electronics industry, as well as a potentially life-threatening issue in military, aerospace and medical electronics. This video training program shows how to recognize and capture fraudulent devices during visual inspection. It also explains more sophisticated detection methods such as scanning electron microscopes and x-ray fluorescent spectroscopy systems.
Includes Leader's Guide, Transcript, Review Questions, Training Certification Exam* (with certificates of completion) and Answer Key. For unlimited usage at one facility. With optional English subtitles for hearing-impaired and ESL students. Time: 24 minutes.
Use our Free Paper-Based Testing with reuseable PDF certificates of completion for ISO “verification of training,” or take advantage of our Free Online Testing so you no longer have to grade tests or generate certificates by hand. (Both options are for unlimited students with no expiration.)
**** To host IPC training programs on your own PC, corporate network/intranet, or Learning Management System (LMS), please see our automated, computer-based Online Video Training (OVT) format. (Equivalent OVT program is listed under "Related Products," below.) Or, you may access the entire video training library, as well as automated testing programs, via the IPC website, using our Online Training Library (OTL) format. Site and Global licenses are available for both options.****
*Includes Training Certification.